Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Poppin' Colour Challenge




Here is my entry for Makeesha's colour challenge this week.  (After a few arguments with the computer it is finally loaded!)



Unfortunately, I didn't have inkpads or markers in any of these colours, so I felt the need to experiment!  For the circle stamped images I have used the "poppin' pastels" method, ie, stamped the image in versamark ink & then applied pastels (chalks) using a sponge tip applicator.  Using my stamp positioner I restamped the image in versamark & clear embossed to get a shiny raised image.  I then used an eraser to remove the excess "chalk dust".

To get the curved ends on the coloured strips I cut them slightly narrower than 1.3/4" & then slid an end of the strip into the circular opening of the 1.3/4" punch & punched off the end.

The images on the colour strips were stamped using versamark ink.

The circle mounts & image circles are all raised on dimensionals.

Card Components:
Cardstock:  Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Versamark
Stamp Sets:  SU Sock Monkey
Punches:  1.3/4", 1.1/2" & 1.3/8"Circles
Other:  Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, SU Pastels, Grosgrain Ribbon