Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Scooter


The challenge on Michelle Perkett's site this week is for a Side Step Card with a Spring theme.  Well, this entry is maybe a little late(?) but I thought I would play along anyway as the image is so ADORABLE (& no-one else seems to have used him yet).



This is a digital stamp by Michelle named Scooter.  I decided to give Scooter a spring theme by placing him in a in a field.  To do this, I made steps on either side of Scooter.  When I added the "grass" strips, I cut them in a single piece the entire width of the card, so that there is not a big gap in the grass behind Scooter when you view him side on.


If you're wondering, this is how the steps looked before I attached everything.

 

This is only my second digi image.  This time I printed the image on good old cartridge paper (the type of paper in artist's sketch pads - like the kids have for school).  I coloured the image using my Derwent pencils (which are 30+ years old) & blended the colours using a mineral solution.  It's very different to my favourite method of watercolouring with inkpad inks & an aquapainter, but I think the look of the colouring suits Scooter.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Cartridge Paper
Ink:  Pretty In Pink
Stamp Sets:  Michelle Perkett's Digital Image "Scooter", SU Short & Sweet 
Punches:  Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Small Flower
Other:  Derwent Pencils, Mineral Blender, Chalks, Ribbons, Rhinestones, Dimensional Adhesives