Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Inkspirations #41 - Flower Basket


This week Kirsty Brown is hosting the Inkspirations Challenge & has added the "twist" of watercolouring to the challenge.

Well, as you might be aware, watercolouring is one of my favourite techniques, so I wanted to play along.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance 'til Thursday night, but here I am, all posted before midnight (just)....  whew!!  lol

Here is my little creation:-


Apart from the watercolouring, this card has taken a whole different attitude to my usual style.  For one, I have a mini mountain of DSP to use up & I have used a fancy DSP as the entire background.  Then I decided to go all frilly & girly, & use a paper doily as a mat & then I cut up another one to use as a border trim.  This is really "out there" for me.  Funny thing is, I quite like how it turned out.  :)

Here is the little girl close up, with her shiny shoes & sparkly hair, fussy cut & popped up on dimensionals:-


& here are those doily borders up close & personal:-


There is a teeny weeny pink rhinestone added to the sentiment, which has been punched with the brilliant mini jewellery punch.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Watercolour Paper
DSP:  Tea Party
Stamp Sets:  SU Tiny Tags, TGF Miss Anya
Inks:  Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace, Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, So Saffron
Other:  Paper Doilies, Clear Glaze Pen, Spica Glitter Pen, Pink Rhinestone, Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Grosgrain Ribbon