Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Inkspirations Challenges #59 - It's All About the Buttons!

Hi Everyone, there were some great entries in last week's challenge (but I'm sorry that I didn't get time to visit everyone's individual blogs.)

Anyway, this week the Inkspirations Team have a nice, easy sketch for you:-


The first thing that struck me about the sketch was the three circular embellies down the right hand side.  They screamed to me to be buttons - therefore my Inkspiration card is "All About the Buttons!"


I wanted to do something special with the buttons, so I bought a pack of white Fimo modelling clay to make my own.  I rolled out a piece of Fimo onto baking paper & then used the lid of a large texta (marker) to cut out each button.  (I dusted the lid with flour to help stop the clay from sticking, but it still took a bit of shaking to get each button out of the lid once it was cut.)  Then I stamped into the surface of each button with a stamp featuring two concentric dotty circles.  I then pierced two holes in each button & baked them in the oven to harden.  Once they had cooled I gave them a blast of clear spray gloss, added some embroidery thread & attached them to my card.

Here are the buttons being made:-


The rest of the card is pretty simple, with an "Anya" image from the Greeting Farm being stamped & coloured with ink pads & an aquapainter.  The white panel has been embossed with an embossing folder & the turquoise panel has been embossed with a texture plate, which gives a softer, less pronounced effect.  Here is the card:-


You can click on any of the photos for a larger view.  :)

Card Components:
Cardstock:  SU Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White
Stamps:  The Greeting Farm "Miss Anya", SU Seeing Spots (retired)
Inks:  Ranger Forever Black Ink, SU Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Taken With Teal & Blush Blossom
Other:  Fiskars Heart Texture Plate, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots E/Folder, Dimensional Adhesives, Satin Ribbon, Aquapainter, Clear Glaze, White Glaze, Fimo Modelling Clay, Clear Gloss Spray, Embroidery Thread