Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Lollipop Ladies Challenge #52 - Guest Spot

A while back I won a challenge at The Lollipop Ladies & was excited to be invited to submit a sample for the current challenge.  The challenge is to create a project using inspiration from Barley Sugars, with the added twist of acetate.  Here is the inspiration pic:-


I've obviously taken the yellow colour & all that glorious sparkle & sheen to create my card, plus the twisty ends of the cellophane wrappers reminded me of wings, so this is what I've came up with:-


I made a box style card, that folds flat for mailing, but pops open to create a 3D frame to house my DSP & embossed acetate butterfly.  I wanted lots of reflection so I covered the entire front panel of the card with double sided adhesive paper & then gave it (& everything else in a one metre radius) a liberal coating of Dazzling Diamonds!


What will you create with from the inspiration pic?  Make sure you visit The Lollipop Ladies, check out the DT samples & join in the fun.  You may win a guest DT spot too!  :)

Card Components: (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Vellum
Inks:  Going Grey
Stamps:  Loving Thoughts
Other:  Framelit Label Dies, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Itty Bitty Banner Dies, Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Final Press Embossing Folder, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Double Sided Adhesive Paper (non SU)