Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Still addINKtive Spot That Stamp Set #2 - Sale-a-bration Sets Part I

This week at still addINKtive we are featuring some of the new SALE-A-BRATION stamp sets (Patterned Occasions*, Pretty Petites* & Bloomin' Marvelous*).  

I used the digital content from the One Big SAB 2013 Digital Disk to make my first card & had so much fun using it, that I created a further two cards, using components from all three stamp sets.  If you are interested in the construction process, I've added information to each photo.  If not, just check out the pictures & skip down to the paragraphs in red.  :)


Patterned Occasions

This card was created by bringing the PNG image from the SAB disk into Microsoft Publisher software.  I manipulated the image so that I had two cups, mirrored, with the top rims together.  I printed them out & cut by hand.  The steam was created by using a print out of the steam as a template for piercing a piece of acetate.  I then cut it out by hand, stamped the reverse side with my Versamark inkpad & heat set it with iridescent ice embossing powder.  The acetate curled up while it was being heated, but I flattened it out, by laying it on a flat work surface & giving it another quick blast of the heat gun & leaving it there to cool.  I placed a small slit in the fold of the card & threaded the base of the "steam" down through it.  There is an extra panel inside the card which covers this.  The sentiment was in a single line, but to fit it on the heart tag, I broke it up into three lines.  I printed the small image on the envelope to match as well.



This next one features lots of punching & embossing:-

Pretty Petites (sentiment) &
SAB Sycamore Street DSP

One of my favourite tools is the BIG SHOT.  Just about every card I make has one of more components that have seen some BIG SHOT love & this one is no exception!  I have used it to emboss all the solid squares with new embossing folders from the SAB brochure & the upcoming Seasonal Catalogue.  I have also die cut the small heart from the new whale sizzlit. ♥

ETA:  This card had been entered in the Just Add Ink "Big Shot Blog Hop & Challenge", but I removed the links earlier in the week when my submission was deleted.  You can see the fabulous DT projects, as well as the gallery of submissions HERE.  If you click on the graphic below, you can go straight to the Hop.  :)  


This card was a personal challenge that I set for myself, as I always struggle combining patterned papers.  Seeing as this card has SIX prints, I think I achieved my goal, lol.  :)

Bloomin' Marvellous

Finally, this card is a whole new concept for me - a totally digital card (except for that wee heart) & the added blue mat.  It was rather quick & easy, & I had the option of resizing, spinning & reversing the images/elements to suit - gotta love that!

We hope you can join us at still addINKtive this week, by featuring one of these three* stamp sets in your project.  To add to the fun, just for joining us you will receive one free template (shown below) for each time you link up (up to 3 entries):-


You can see a larger version of each card HERE on Bron's blog.

As always, the still addINKtive Design Team have some fabulous projects to share with you & all the links can be found at the tab at the top of my blog or you can go straight to the challenge HERE.  We hope you can play along with us.  :)


Project Components
All these projects feature current or soon to be released SU products.  If you would like any further information, please email me or contact your SU demonstrator, who will be able to assist.  :)
NB: The punch used for the heart tag on the latte cup card is retired.