Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

CASE-ing the Catty - A Second Attempt, this time with brayered tissue paper!

Hithere!

I discovered a big "oops!" with the card that I posted yesterday.  While flicking through the Annual Catty looking for inspiration for the CASE-ing the Catty challenge, I actually turned one page too far & slipped into the "Artistic Expression" section rather than the "Thanks" section.  You would have thought that I would realise that the page numbers in my post didn't correlate!  Sorry for the brain-freeze!  So I thought I would make another card &, this time, stick within the confines of Pages 144 - 153!!!  :)

You can never have too many thank you cards, so I made this little notecard, inspired by the spotty bag on Page 148.



The card is all SU, except for the flower petals, which are made from generic tissue paper that I had in my wrapping paper supplies.  I have brayered a piece with Coastal Cabana at one end & Bermuda Bay at the other end.  Then I layered the almost dry (Bermuda Bay inked) brayer over a section of Coastal Cabana to get a nice in-between colour.  I have used 4 different sized scallop punches, with one layer of each colour (so 12 layers in total).  I added a gold brad in the centre & scrunched up each layer individually & then unfurled them to create the bloom.

You will find the challenge here:-

http://caseingthecatty.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/case-ing-catty-challenge-9-thanks.html

& my "oopsie" entry here.

Luckily I am quite comfortable with having a good laugh at myself because I also discovered that the Yippee-Skippee MDS download that I thought wasn't available HAS been available for over 12 months!  :o  The upside of that is I can now do the wall art I was hoping to.  :)  Yay!

Thanks for stopping by.

Edited to add
Thank you to the Team at CTC for choosing my card this week.  :)


Card Components
Stampin' Up!
Notecard from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana & Garden Green ink, Scallop Circle Punches, Gold Sequins, Gold Brad, Four You stamp set, Flower Patch stamp set, Flower Fair Dies, Versamark Ink, White Embossing Powder, Sticky Strip
Non SU
White Tissue Paper