Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

More Mini Brads & Altered Little Letter Dies

Hithere! We have a big celebration coming up so I decided to have another play with the Little Letter Dies & silver mini brads to make a focal point on this card:-


I added a pierced pop up star to the inside of the card to highlight the simple sentiment & finished it off with some red candy dots:-


I have kept the layout very clean & used the design elements of the brad star outline & negative die-cut numbers to take centre stage.  I have added this card to the gallery at The Paper Players where Jaydee is currently hosting a masculine CAS challenge.  You can find the challenge here:-

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/paper-players-challenge-214-jaydees.html 

To create the "8", I partially cut the letter "B", then flipped my panel over, re-aligned the die & partially cut the "B" again to create the "8" outline (eek, please excuse the horrible colour of the photo - I snapped it with a tablet!):-


To get the star outline, I used a piercing mat & then popped a mini brad in each opening:-


This is what the reverse side looks like:-


I added a simple scored border around the top navy layer, then layered it onto a panel of shimmery white with dimensionals & then layered that onto the navy card base with dimensionals.  Once it was complete, the empty numbers looked a bit sad, so I added the centre of the "O" from the die & punched two circles to add to my "8".  These pieces were all popped up on dimensionals too.

Hope the Birthday Boy likes it.  :) 

You can see my other mini brad & altered little letter die card here.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Card Components
All Stampin' Up! except for an office hole punch (used for the bottom circle in the "8")